Model UN is offered in either the fall or winter semester every other year with a week long excursion to either Washington, DC or New York to participate in the National Model UN Conference. A Mandatory Instructional Support Fee (MISF) will be charged in addition to regular University of Alberta tuition.
This fee includes the following:
- Return transportation from the Augustana campus to the Edmonton International airport
- Return airfare from Edmonton to Washington/New York
- Accommodation in the hotel hosting the NMUN conference
- Entry fees for delegates of the NMUN conference
The following costs are NOT included in the fee:
- University of Alberta tuition
- Canadian Passport
- Phone and internet access while abroad
- Pocket money
- Travel Health Insurance
The cost for the 2014 Model UN trip is estimated* at $1900-2400. All payments are non-refundable.
|First Payment: $500||November 30, 2013|
|Second Payment: $800||January 5, 2014|
|Third Payment: balance remaining||February 15, 2013|
*Please note that changes in currency exchange rates or other fees may increase the fee beyond the range suggested above.
Students will be responsible for their own personal supplies for the Model UN trip. In addition to regular course supplies, students will be expected to have business-formal attire for the duration of the conference. Students will also be expected to dress in business-formal attire for all class meetings. Formal dress is specified for all participants by the National Model United Nations conference.